Friends Chat Board



Saturday, January 19, 2013

Prayers For Humility


Prayers For Humility

A Prayer for Humility

O Father, give us the humility which realizes its ignorance,
Admits its mistakes, recognizes its need, welcomes advice,
Accepts rebuke. Help us always to praise rather than to criticize,
To sympathize rather than to discourage, to build rather than to destroy,
And to think of people at their best rather than at their worst.
This we ask for thy name’s sake. Amen.
- – - Prayer of William Barclay

Humility Prayer

Lord, lead me in humbleness. Teach me not to judge, because in judgment in my heart limits your work. Let me find forgiveness through humbleness. As you lead in humility may mercy be companion, and grace my covering. Through humility, may love be seen in me. May I find god’s truth, Jesus Christ in humility. Lord, help me wear the cloak of humility. May it be my mantle. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Prayer to be humble

O God, who resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble: grant us the virtue of true humility, where of Your Only-begotten son showed in Himself a pattern for Your faithful; that we may never by our pride provoke Your anger, but rather by our meekness receive the riches of Your grace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment